Aaaaand… she’s back!
As a couple of eagle-eyed readers have noticed, I’ve spent the last year living off-grid in the wilds of Scotland as part of the Channel 4 Eden programme (see more here).
It was a hell of a ride… There were soaring highs, unbearable lows and everything in-between. I’ve learnt a lot: good, bad, muddy…
It’s been a crazy, surreal 12 months away and I’m now spending the next few weeks gently readjusting back to ‘normal’ life. After such a long period of time away from family, friends, technology and the media the ‘outside world’ feels pretty overwhelming!
Because of that, I’m trying to limit screen time whilst I ease back into things. I can’t say much about the programme until it’s all finished but I’ll write a bit about my real-world rehab/readjustment on here once I’m a bit more settled.
In the meantime, I’ll leave you with a handful of mini-insights into what it’s been like over the last week…
- My reaction on seeing a child for the first time in a year: “That person over there is really small!”
- …first horse: “That thing is huuuuge! Have they always been that big?!”
- First time seeing Skye Bridge again: It was overwhelming to see home again. Got misty eyes for my Misty Isle!
Oh, and a couple more things….
1. Always take things with a wee crunch of sea salt.
2. To that question that everyone keeps asking… Yes, I did bring home a special souvenir from Eden. He seems to be fitting into Skye life rather well 😉